Skip to main content
AskDover

04-11-18 Design Committee Packet

DDP Design Committee. Apr 11, 2018.

Open the PDF

This text was pulled from the PDF automatically and may contain mistakes. The PDF is the official record, so check it before relying on this.

Page 1

DESIGN COMMITTEE MEETING Wednesday, April 11, 2018 – 12:00-1:00 pm CEN DEL Foundation Building AGENDA I. Welcome/Call to order II. Roll call III. Approval of Minutes IV. New Business a. LED lighting items for Loockerman Way Plaza b. Possible New Merchant Façade Recommendations, 131 W. Loockerman c. DDP Electrical box – Dover High design review V. Old Business a. NBB Grant - status on items requested by Diane Laird b. Murals update VI. Adjournment

Page 2

DDP Design Committee Meeting Minutes March 14, 2018 1200PM, CenDel Foundation Building I. Call to order – Kristin Pleasanton, Design Committee Chair II. Roll call – Members present: Kristin Pleasanton, Dawn Melson-Williams, Will Grimes, DDP Staff: Maureen and Tina, Tricia Arndt, Carrie Hart, Elena Stewart III. Minutes were approved for the February 21, 2018 meeting. IV. New Business: A. Vice Chairman Confirmation: Tricia Arndt was confirmed as Vice- Chairman for the Design Committee. The duties and responsibilities of the Vice- Chairman were explained by Tina and Kristin. B. La Baguette requested information regarding Neon Signs downtown. Dawn informed the committee on the Historic District and City’s guidelines regarding signage. The committee agreed to meet with Anita to discuss options with her. Maureen will contact her. C. Neighborhood Building Blocks Fund Grant: Diane Laird is requesting information to complete the NBBF Grant. • Confirm FEIN • Confirm DDP is a Vendor with State of DE • Confirm matching $10,000 amount Tina will compile information and send to Kristin.

Page 3

D. Murals/ Public Art Projects: The committee will review the Dover High Art Club design for the Electrical Box Art Project. Tina advised the committee that due the weather, the group did not meet last Wednesday. DHS Art Club plans to meet Wednesday March 21st. Tina will email the design to the committee for review. Kristin informed the group of the $200 stipend that will be awarded to the artist and groups participating in the mural project. The stipend will come from the NBBF Grant and partnership with NCALL. V. Old Business: A. Façade Grant Updates (Status of Façade Grants): No new payments have gone out. • B. Tina attempted a follow up call with Gary Quell but he has yet to return the call. His request is for the middle of April. • C. Today the second request has gone out for the property at the corner of North St and South Governor’s Ave informing them of the expiration of their Façade Grant request. The new Acting Director is Mr. Burns. • D. Tina will reach out to Lamar Gunn and Gary Quell (Schmittinger & Rodriguez) to inform them of their first grant extension. The first round of their grants expire April 13th. E. Additional Wreaths (Holiday Decorations): Tina made the purchase of the new wreaths. A discussion was had about additional lighting in the plaza. Once the details are worked out this will possibly be a coordinated effort with the Parking and Safety Committee. F. Murals/ Public Art Projects: Kristin provided an update on the Mural Project. Josh Nobling received a verbal agreement from Delaware Tire, Jay Baxton, to paint a mural on the side of the building facing the plaza. Next step is to draft an agreement between DDP and Delaware Tire. Josh will provide the committee with one or two designs to select from by July. The tentative plan is to start painting in November. VI. Adjournment of Meeting

Back to this meeting